2007년 3월 20일 화요일

Animal Farm #5




What is the mood of this novel?Do you find this novel saddens you in any way?Why?

The mood of this novel is pretty gloomy and serious. In some ways, it may look funny because humans and animals fight, and animals talk and do everything on their own. Well, if it’s funny to someone, he or she must have not read the book with serious attitude because this book was written to give us lessons and criticize Communism and Russian Revolution. Personally, to me, it was a good opportunity to think about the Communism and the history of Russia. Moreover, it helped me think of people who are under communist powers like North Koreans and Chinese. Even before I read Animal Farm, I have heard a little bit about people under communism. Communist rulers always think of their profits and nothing about the people that they rule over. That is why communism definitely does not work over people in our reality. Well, some honest rulers might follow true communism and govern and rule their country with righteousness and justice, but that is a very rare case. South Korean campaign associations send rice and other food to eat for North Koreans who starve to death because their dictator does not provide them good food and homes to live in. I feel so sorry for them all the time when I hear about them. After reading this book, I was reminded that there are still those kinds of people right next to our country. I felt very ashamed because I have been complaining and being depressed and negative about my days and how I have so many things to do lately. The novel taught me great lessons and chances to think over my daily lives and other people around me. I think this is why reading is so important to us especially teenagers like me.

댓글 없음: