2007년 3월 20일 화요일

Animal Farm #3

Who are the main characters in the novel?Do you like them? Why or why not? What is special about them?What do they reveal about the universal human experience?

The main characters in the novel are Napoleon and Boxer. Boxer was a hard-working and honest horse who did everything that was commanded by the pigs. I really liked him, but the mean, cruel pigs killed him! I was really angry. Napoleon is one of those mean pigs who ruled over all the animals unequally. I really do not like this pig. Napoleon is not very good at talking in front of people, and he could not do anything without the help of the pigs and dogs who work for him. He is such a selfish and evil creature I have ever seen. The reason why so many weak people get suffered and hurt in our real world is because of people like Napoleon who only knows how to think of himself and not others, especially those in need. I think the writer was trying to reveal the different kinds of people in our world through this book. As I have just said, Napoleon is a kind of man who is really insatiable. After tasting the goodness and happiness of having everything you want and power to rule over others, he became really greedy and started to be unfair and unjust. There are a few people who are just like Napoleon; they are self-centered and all they care about is money. They betray and ignore those who are weak and poor. Instead, if we have more power, money, or abilities than others, we should try to help others who need our help. For example, the LASA trips that our school is carrying on are a very good example of having servant leadership and helping out those who are in need. Like this, more and more people should get involved in activities and programs to help people who are not able to eat three meals a day or sleep in a home with their family. Overall, George Orwell was revealing our human insatiability and the sad results that some people get because of that. We definitely should learn and practice how to share things with each other and love and care for each other.

댓글 없음: